I have lived in Surrey since I got married in 1990. It is home for me and my family, as well as my parents and siblings. In 2011 I was approached by two great men who are dedicated to the growth of enterprise in Surrey and asked if I could join the Board of Surrey Connects.
Our shred aim is to increase exports, innovation, employment and we have 8 key projects that we lead. I head up the Digital Innovation project and will deliver a number of exciting programs within Surrey that will highlight our Thought-Leaders and encourage the employment of Social Digital Apprentices and the adoption of a Digital Mindset
Here are some interesting statistics that were provided to me which I found fascinating gathered in 2011
- Revenue output £26.5billion annually
- 1.1 million residents
- Provides 36bn to the Exchequer
- 250 International Corporate’s
- 60,000 SME’s of which 53,000 are above the VAT threshold o £73,000
- 88% are micro businesses that employ less than 10 people
- 190,000 commute out of Surrey daily
- 145,000 commute into Surrey
- Business start-up growth is good with 54 in every 10,000 adult population started a business between 2000-2007
Makes it exciting for me to make my difference.
Surrey Connects is a start-up and will launch its website soon.