PENNY IN THE PRESS
I very much enjoy writing articles and have strong set of opinions and experience around the life of the small business. I write a number of articles, the latest ones can be viewed on my Blog which I update regularly.
When I write blogs for other people’s magazines and sites I share them extensively to my large community on Facebook, plus across the social feeds of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
I recently completed a study on Loneliness in self employment and I am the Author of Digital Business Britain published in 2011, supported by Mark Prisk, the Minister for Business at the time. In the Manifesto I outlined the way social media should be used and taught and the importance of digital skills for all. I am shocked by the lack of progress on this and follow the conversations happening in Government and in Education.
I can be interviewed on the following topics:
– My new book – Business is Personal, in which I share my own personal experience of emotional and mental wellbeing, which includes my ‘broken year’ and case studies of other business owners, plus skills learned from experts and psycholgists
– Emotional and mental well being in business ownership and how large companies should respect the wellbeing of their critical supply-chain
– Recovering from the loss of a business
– Loneliness in business
– The importance of the offline world to balance the online
– My plans to bring business cafe’s to High Streets, uniting communities and suporting the local economy
– How to build real and supportive communities
– Being a mother of millennials and how we grew up together
– My 3 major passions are Community, Skills and Emotional Wellbeing